Lionel Messi: Officially Retired from Argentinean Football Team [ Current News (Concise) ]
Lionel Messi Barcelona FC star has announced retirement from Argentinean Football team at the age of 29 years after Argentina was defeated by Chile in the 2016 Copa America final in the penalty shootout by 4 - 2 score but still he will continue to play his club football for FC Barcelona.
- At the finals he had missed the penalty.
About Lionel Messi
- He is born on 24th June 1987 at Rosario, Argentina.
- Lionel Messi had played four finals at different titles for his country in his football career with Argentinean team with 2014 World Cup final and three Copa America finals.
- In 2005 he had made his senior international debut.
- With 55 goals from 113 match appearances he is the Argentina’s all-time top scorer.
- For Argentinean team he plays at the forward position and for the Spanish FC Barcelona.
- He was the only footballer to win five FIFA Ballons d’Or and four of them he had won consecutively.
- He was also the first football player to win three European Golden Shoes.
- He had won eight La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues with Barcelona.
- His only major international honour was gold in 2008 Olympic with Argentinean Football team.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 28, 2016