Longitudinal Ageing Study Launched by Union Government in India [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the Longitudinal Ageing Study: Longitudinal Ageing Study (LAS) focuses on the health, fiscal and social well-being of India’s elderly population. LAS will be a national milestone in scientific research that will give better knowing of India’s adult health problems and population ageing processes.
- It will also give design of proper evidence-based plans for adults and older people.
- India will perform the full-scale national LASI survey in 29 states and two union territories.
- The target sample for LASI is non-institutionalized (non-official organization) Indian residents having 45 ages and also older and their partners.
About launching by Union Government:
- Longitudinal Ageing Study in India (LASI) is launched by the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to evaluate the needs of elderly people and provides policies as per their needs.
- This survey will conduct study on 60, 000 elderly people which will be largest survey.
- LASI project will be jointly sponsored by the Union Health Ministry, United Nation’s Population Fund-India and United States National Institute on Ageing.
- This survey would be started by the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) of Mumbai in partnership with Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and University of Southern California (USC).
- It will inspect several health structures and effect of social factors on health of the elders.
- Published on: March 28, 2016