MAIT- IMRB released ITOPS 2015 Study on IT hardware market performance [ Current News (Concise) ]
MAIT (Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology) and IMRB International (formerly known as Indian Market Research Bureau) jointly released the ITOPS 2015 Study. According to the study deals, the performance of the IT hardware market performance between April 2014 and March 2015 that included notebooks, desktops, phablets, tablets, smart phones, servers and peripherals. Overall size of Indian ICT hardware market was pegged at 15.87 billion US dollars, up 23.98 per cent over 2013-14.
- As per the study, while demand for desktop computers and notebook PCs in urban areas is declining, the popularity of these devices is picking up smartly in rural India. In 2014-15, study-Sales of desktops and notebooks shrank 4 percent and 15 percent respectively in urban India. Sales of desktops grew 33 percent and of notebooks 11 percent in rural India.
- Urban India desktop sales declined from 5.01 million in 2013-14 to 4.8 million while the rural sales grew from 1.30 million to 1.73 million units in terms of sales of units. The desktop market is forecast to continue its slide by 10 per cent while notebooks are expected to return to growth at 17 per cent for 2015-16.
- Urban India notebooks sales declined to 5.81 million from 6.84 million units year-on-year while they rose to 0.36 million from 0.32 million in rural areas.
- For smart phones and tablets, the revenue was up 88 per cent to more than 65815 crore rupees in 2014-15 from 34900 crore rupees in 2013-14. The growth is expected to continue in 2015-16 with smartphones expected to grow 27 per cent, phablets 65 per cent and tablets 16 per cent.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 21, 2015