MHA Constitute Madhukar Gupta Committee Will Advise Ways to Tighten Security of Indo-Pak Border [ Current News (Concise) - Committees ]
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has established high-level committee which will advised ways to make tighter security at India-Pakistan border. The former Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta will head the committee.
- The committee will suggest:
- Ways to strengthen the security end to end the India-Pakistan Border.
- Address the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing.
Terms of References of the Committee:
- Study all types of gaps in the barrier and all other susceptibilities with the India-Pakistan border.
- Suggest a complete approach to fix them on temporary and permanent basis.
- It will submit its report in three months i. e. till June 2016.
- After the two terrorist attacks in Punjab MHA has taken decision to establish this committee.
- First was in July 2015 on Dinanagar police station in Gurdaspur district and second was in January 2016 on strategic Pathankot airbase.
- And in both attacks terrorists from Pakistan had penetrated into India after beaching the India-Pakistan border in Punjab particularly from the riverine section.
- Published on: April 7, 2016