MHA will establish pan-India National Fingerprint Database [ Current News (Concise) ]
About MHA: MHA stands for Ministry of Home Affairs. It is also known as Home Ministry of the Government of India. Its responsibility is to maintain internal security and domestic policy.
- The Home Ministry is headed by Union Minister of Home Affairs or Home Minister.
- Shri Rajnath Singh is the present Union Home Minister.
About the establishment:
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs has decided to establish a pan - India National fingerprint database for speedy identification of criminals and investigation of crimes in India.
About pan - India National Fingerprint Database:
- In pan - India National Fingerprint Database, the database will contain fingerprint records of near about 28 lakh criminals from all over India.
- The record will include data of those who were arrested before for criminal violations.
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) will link all finger print database of all States and Union Territories bureaus.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 17, 2015