Maharashtra Government announces for construction of 800 kms Nagpur-Mumbai expressway [ Current News (Concise) ]
About announcement: Maharashtra Government has announced construction of 800 kms long Nagpur-Mumbai expressway. Name of this expressway will be Communication Super-expressway or Nagpur-Amravati-Aurangabad-Ghoti-Mumbai expressway.
- By this expressway transportation will be easy between these two major cities.
- It will connect both major and opposite direction cities Nagpur and Mumbai.
- Completion of this project could take near about five years.
- This project will required about 30,000 crore rupees.
- Recently travelling from Mumbai to Nagpur takes minimum 14 hours, but by this expressway the travel time will reduce to 10 hours between these two cities.
- This is called super-expressway because it will contain 6-lane road.
- In the first phase of the project four lane road will be constructed.
- It will be prepared with CCTV cameras, Wi-Fi facility and optical fiber network.
- This expressway will lead to development of Vidarbha and Marathwada which are backwards regions of Maharashtra.
- Vidarbha is the eastern region of Maharashtra, covering Nagpur Division and Amravati Division.
- Marathwada is overlaps with the Aurangabad Division of Maharashtra
- Published on: August 4, 2015