Maharashtra Government gives nod to IT & ITES policy 2015 [ Current News (Concise) ]
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis has given nod to new Information Technology (IT) and Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) policy. IT & ITES policy 2015 was launching aims at making state an IT, animation and gaming industry hub by attracting worth 50,000 crore rupees of investment and creating 1 million jobs in nest five years i.e. by 2020.
- At present, Maharashtra ranks second in the country for the exports of IT & ITES after Karnataka. With the helping of this policy, to promotes a walk-to-work concept by proposing the construction of integrated IT townships.
- Directs municipal corporations to charge property tax at the residential rate and not at commercial rates with help of ITES. Exempts IT industry from value added tax (VAT) and local taxes such as entry tax and octopi.
- FSI (floor space index) is consumed in Mumbai Metropolitian Region (MMR) and Pune; the premium will be calculated at a flat 30% of ready reckoner rates. While in the rest of the state it will be charged at 10% of the ready reckoner rate.
- Offers 200% additional floor space index (FSI) over the base FSI for IT parks. This decision will help to reduce rents of commercial space in the IT parks.
- Published on: June 24, 2015