Maharashtra Ranked First in Internet Readiness Index According to Iiris Report [ Current News (Concise) ]
Maharashtra ranked first in terms of the overall Internet readiness index according to recently released Index of Internet Readiness of Indian States (IIRIS) report. Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indicus Analytics has jointly issued this report.
Key highlights of report:
The main aim behind this report is to help governments and business to control the strength internet dispersion and suggest policy actions which will be helpful in developments.
Internet readiness has goal to give a more general picture of the digital ecosphere that is in the states apart from giving status how industry-friendly each state is for investment in Information Technology (IT).
Top 5 states:
- Telangana and
- Tamil Nadu.
Among smaller states:
- Delhi is the uppermost state in Internet readiness index and Puducherry and Goa is second and third successively.
- Chandigarh has spotted heist position in the list.
About Internet readiness index:
It measures internet penetration and usage in Indian states based on four indicators:
- mobile and internet infrastructure
- status of the IT service sector
- e-participation or use of online transactions and services by citizens
- E-governance services offered by the states
- Published on: February 11, 2016