Maharashtra government released small vehicles to pay toll tax [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Toll Tax: Toll tax is collected generally on multi-lane highways. These are used by buses/trucks and long distance travels. The toll is calculated by the distance travelled on the toll road.
Requirement of toll tax:
- Toll tax is required for recover the amount which road developers’ loss during develop the roads.
- They can increase toll tax on big vehicles and by economic delivery.
- Small cars will also be released from paying toll tax for the project above 200 crore rupees.
- Payment to the road developers will be given after two years under income model.
- State has over 2,60,000 km of road network and has proposed to develop more 5,000 km under the similar model.
Recently, Maharashtra government released small vehicles from paying toll tax for all build operate transfer (BOT) road projects that of 200 crore rupees.
Road projects also released from pay toll tax which developed by the state Public Works Department (PWD) that cost below 200 crore rupees.
State government has also recommended the Centres to release small cars from paying toll tax on roads constructed by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- Published/Last Modified on: July 29, 2015