Maharashtra topped the list of States and UTs in IPR filing in 2013-14 [ Current News (Concise) ]
India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) released a report on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) filing in India during 2013-14. Maharashtra topped the list of states and Union Territories (UTs) while Bengaluru was the top city in IPR filing.
- The top five states and UTs (Union Territories) are- Maharashtra (2892), Karnataka (1639), Tamil Nadu (1436), Delhi (1009) and Andhra Pradesh (879).
- Other top ten institutions are- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumakuru and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientific bodies and institutions with 32, 24 and 12 filings respectively.
- Bengaluru lead patent hunt as Samsung R&D Institute (84); Infosys (83); Wipro Ltd (59); Samsung India Software Operations Pvt. Ltd. (66) top filers from among technology companies.
- Primary objective of IBEF is to promote and create international awareness of the Made in India label in markets overseas and to facilitate dissemination of knowledge of Indian products and services.
- India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) is a trust established by the Department of Commerce, Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry with public.
- Published on: June 25, 2015