Mahindra-Airbus-tie-up-for-copters [ Current News (Concise) ]
Mahindra Defence Systems Limited which is a subsidiary of Mahindra Group and Airbus Helicopter have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a joint venture (JV) company to produce helicopters in India. According to the MoU, It will help to develop an indigenous industrial ecosystem dedicated to helicopters especially for defence purpose. The tie-up will bid for defence contracts in India under the Union government’s flagship ‘Make in India’ programme.
- It will also help to create hundreds of high-tech jobs locally and lead to a flow of cutting edge advance technologies to India in defence sector.
- The first private Indian helicopter manufacturer under the ‘Make in India’ programme. Airbus was founded on 18 December 1969. Headquarter of Airbus at Blagnac in France.
- The joint venture will supply dedicated state-of-the-art helicopters of high quality, reliability and safety standard based on combat-proven platform to Indian Armed Forces with Made-in-India tag.
- Founder of Airbus is Bernard Lathire, Roger Bteille, Henri Ziegler. Airbus has subsidiaries in the United States, Japan, China and India.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 6, 2015