Mahindra Lifetime Achievement Award Honored to Former NDDB Chief Amrita Patel [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
Prestigious 2016 Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Lifetime Achievement Award (the Krishi Shiromani Samman) has been honored to NDDB chief Dr. Amrita Patel. The Union Minister of Agriculture Radha Mohan Singh has honored her with the award for her contribution in the field of agriculture and to increase productivity and rural prosperity.
About Dr. Amrita Patel:
- She has served as Chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) from 1998 to 2014.
- Currently she is serving as Chairman of Charutar Arogya Mandal.
- She had played a key role in the implementation of world’s biggest dairy development Operation Flood program of NDDB that had transformed India from a milk-deficient nation into the world’s largest milk producer by surpassing the USA in 1998.
- The Operation Flood has helped to encourage, finance and deliver variety of supporting services to a national cooperative dairy structure.
- With these project directly and indirectly million lives has change including small farmers and milk producers.
- She has also serve ad chairperson of Foundation for Ecological Security.
- She has also awarded with Padma Bhushan in 2002.
- Act of Parliament of India has founded the institution of national importance. National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in 1965 as an
- NDDB’s headquarter is located at Anand, Gujarat with regional offices across the country.
NDDB’s companies are:
- IDMC Limited-Anand
- Mother Dairy
- NDDB Dairy Services
- Delhi and Indian Immunological Ltd, Hyderabad
- Published on: March 9, 2016