Malcolm Turnbull Becomes Prime Minister of Australia by Defeating Tony Abbott [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Malcolm Turnbull: Malcolm Bligh Turnbull was born on 24th October 1954. He is an Australian politician and now he is the Prime Minister of Australia and the Leader of the Liberal Party. He was first elected to parliament at the 2004 central election, as the member for Wentworth.
Turnbull worked as a journalist, lawyer, investment banker and venture capitalist before entering politics.
In 1993, he became the Chair of the Australian Republican Movement until 2000.
About Tony Abbott:
- Anthony John ” Tony ” Abbott was born on 4th November 1957 in London, United Kingdom.
- He is an Australian politician who was the 28th Prime Minister of Australia and also was Leader of the Liberal Party.
- He has been the Member of Parliament for Warringah since 1994.
- He was appointed as director of Australians for Constitutional Monarchy in 1992 until his election to Parliament in 1994.
- In 2003, he became Minister for Health and Ageing.
About defeating to Tony Abbott by Malcolm Turnbull:
- Malcolm Turnbull takes oath as prime minister of Australia after defeating Tony Abbott in a vote of Liberal Party lawmakers.
- Malcolm Turnbull defeats Tony Abbott by 10 votes.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 16, 2015