Mangalyaan has completed its one year of mission life around Mars [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Mangalyaan: Mangalyaan is also known as Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM). It is a space analysis orbiting Mars since 24 September 2014. It was launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 5th November 2013.
- It is India’s first space mission and by this ISRO has become the fourth space agency which has reach to Mars.
- First three agencies reached to Mars are the Soviet space program, NASA and the European Space Agency.
It contains five instruments named:
- Lyman - Alpha Photometer (LAP),
- Methane Sensor for Mars (MSM),
- Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyzer (MENCA),
- Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer (TIS),
- Mars Colour Camera (MCC)
About its one year mission completion:
- Mangalyaan has completed one year of the mission life around Mars.
- MOM had picked up a large set of data of the red planet Mars using all five payloads mounted on it by completing more than 120 orbits during this one year.
- Mar Atlas mobile application has been released by Ahmedabad based Space Applications Centre of Indian Space Research Organisation in remembrance of first anniversary of MOM.
- This application contains collected photos taken at variable 3 - D resolutions by the Mars Colour Camera (MCC).
- Published on: September 29, 2015