Marat Safin Initiated Into International Tennis Hall of Fame [ Current News (Concise) ]
Marat Mubinovich Safin was born on 27th January, 1980 in Moscow, Russia. He is a Russian retired tennis player and also a politician. He won two Grand Slam tournaments and reached the world no. 1 ranking during his career. He was also famous for his emotional expressions and sometimes boiling anger on court.
- He began his professional career in 1997 and held the No. 1 world ranking for a total of 9 weeks between November 2000 and April 2001.
About initiation in International Tennis Hall of Fame:
- Marat Safin has been inaugurated in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- It was announced by Russian Tennis Federation and also said that he will be officially initiated in the official ceremony scheduled on 16th July, 2016.
- With this announcement, he becomes first Russian national to be initiated in the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Safin’s request for the initiation into the Hall of Fame was announced in October 2015 along with Justine Henin of Belgium and Helena Sukova of Czech Republic.
About International Tennis Hall of Fame:
- The hall of fame of tennis and museum are located in the Newport, United States.
- It was commissioned by James Gordon Bennett.
- It provides honours players and sponsors to the sport of tennis.
- The first Hall of Fame members were inducted in 1955.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 18, 2016