May 21 Observed as Anti-Terrorism Day [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Anti-Terrorism Day is being observed on 21st May every year as throughout India to range awareness among the people about the danger of terrorism and violence and its effect on the people, society and the country as a whole.
- The main objective behind the observance of Anti-Terrorism Day is to prevent the people from terrorism and violence.
- Its purpose is to encourage unity, peace and harmony across the nation.
- The day observed on the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi who was killed at an election rally near Chennai by a suicide bomber from the LTTE on 21 May 1991.
- At Schools, colleges and universities across the country debates, discussions, seminars, symposia, etc. are structured on this day on the threats of terrorism and violence.
- The idea of World Anti-Terrorism Day was begun because thousands of youth are attracted into the folds of terrorist camps and organizations each year.
- So to stop them and spread awareness regarding effects on human life by terrorism.
- On this day a few minutes of silence is express grief over the damage produced by terrorism world-wide.
- Swearing to face violence and endorse peace.
- Organizing sequencers and movements to further the cause of fighting terrorism.
- Published on: May 23, 2016