McGill University declared as top Canadian university according to new international rankings [ Current News (Concise) ]
About McGill University: McGill University is a public research university in Montreal of Canada. It was legally founded by royal charter in 1821. The name of the University is from the name of James McGill.
- James McGill was a noticeable Montreal merchant from Scotland whose donation made preliminary McGill College in 1813.
- The University is one of the two members of Association of American Universities placed outside the United States.
- McGill University provides degrees and diplomas including 300 fields of studies with the highest average admission score of any Canadian university.
- It provides five larger courses like Arts, Science, Medicine, Engineering, and Management.
About declaring as top Canadian University to McGill:
- McGill University kept its position as the top - ranked Canadian university in the world.
- Three Canadian universities placed within the top 50 in the survey composed by the service based in London.
- This ranking is based on six pointers including academic reputation, employer reputation and faculty - to - student ratio.
- McGill ranked 24th among the 3, 539 institutions considered for insertion for year 2015.
- In 2014, McGill ranked 21st among all other universities.
- The University of Toronto ranked 34th and the University of British Columbia ranked 50th.
About top ranked universities:
- The top - ranked university in the world is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Second ranked University is Harvard University.
- Third ranked University is the University of Cambridge.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 16, 2015