Mission Parivar Vikas to Be Launched Soon [ Current News (Concise) ]
Mission Parivar Vikas is going to be launched soon by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The aim is to bring awareness about and improve the family planning services in 145 high focus districts selected from 7 states.
The missing would fast-track access to high quality family planning choices based on information, consistent services, and supplies within a rights-based framework.
Under this Parivar Vikas Mission districts from the following seven states are covered:
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- These districts have highest total fertility rates and constitute 44% of the country’s population. The progress in family planning in these districts is expected to have considerable impact on maternal and child health indicators.
- Maternal death ratio is around 25 to 30% and 50% of infant deaths occur in these districts.
- According to the recent analysis 145 districts have TFR (total fertility rate) of more than or equal to 3.0 and are home to 28% of India’s population.
- The main aim is to improve access to contraceptives through new promotional schemes.
- The mission aims to ensure capacity building through service providers, commodity security, creating an enabling environment, monitoring, and implementation.
- The goal of this mission is to reach the replacement level fertility of 2.1 by 2025.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 26, 2016