Mouamba Clement Selected as Prime Minister of Congo [ Current News (Concise) ]
Mouamba Clement has been appointed as Prime Minister of Congo, the Central African Country by Congo’s President Denis Sassou Nguesso. Mouamba Clement will be responsible in this position for developing a new government in agreement with the 2015 constitution as per discussion with the President.
- He is appointed after Sassou Nguesso was elected as President for a 5 year term.
- Earlier Sassou Nguesso had headed Congo between 1979 and 1992 and again had resumed power after a civil war in 1997.
About Mouamba Clement:
- Mouamba Clement is a Congolese politician.
- He has beenPrime Minister of Congo-Brazzaville since 2016.
- Previously he had served as Minister of Finance from 1992 to 1993.
- He was also a chief member of thePan-African Union for Social Democracy (UPADS).
- UPADS stands for Pan-African Union for Social Democracy.
- It is a political party in the Republic of the Congo which is headed by Pascal Lissouba.
- Pascal Lissouba was served as President of Congo from 1992 to 1997.
- It has been the country’s main opposition party since Lissouba’s ouster in 1997.
- Pascal Tsaty-Mabialahas been served as Secretary-General of UPADS since 2006.
- Published on: April 25, 2016