Mudrarakshasa the Well-Known Hindi Writer is No More [ Current News (Concise) ]
Mudrarakshas the famous Hindi novelist and critique passed away due to old age related causes in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh at the age of 82 years. He was notable Hindi writer, activist, thinker and cultural personality.
- His write-ups habitually hinged on various vital social disputes and causes.
- In 1931 he was born as Subhash Chandra in Behta near Lucknow.
- His teacher Dr Devendra has rechristened him as Mudrarakshasa when he had started writing.
- He has completed his graduation from Lucknow University and later worked as Assistant Editor of Hindi Journal Gyanodaya that was issued from Calcutta from 1955 to 1958.
- From 1962 to 1976 he has worked as the editor of Calcutta based magazine Anuvrata and was also associated as Editor with All India Radio (AIR).
- During career he has given about 30 stage productions to his credit and his notable works of theatrical criticism contain:
- Rang Bhumikayen
- a book on Nemichandra Jain
- Published/Last Modified on: June 15, 2016