Mulapadu Cricket Centre Inaugurated by BCCI President Anurag Thakur [ Current News (Concise) ]
The cricket centre on the premises of Mulapadu Cricket Stadium in Vijaywada has been inaugurated by President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Anurag Thakur. The Centre is spread over 13-acres of land.
- It was constructed at a cost of Rs. 7 crore.
- It has eight suites, twenty rooms, a gymnasium, a swimming pool and a conference hall.
- The Mulapadu Cricket Stadium is owned by the Krishna District Cricket Association (KDCA) and also two play-fields which were previously inaugurated by BCCI vice-president and Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) secretary Gokaraju Gangaraju.
- The stadium is surrounded by hills which can suitable for promotion of activities like trekking and mountaineering.
- The place can be a major tourist spot is local residential people give contribution of land.
- This center is located in greenery and superb atmosphere.
About Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
- BCCI is the national governing body for cricket in India and is measured as world’s richest cricket board.
- It was founded in 1928 by replacing Calcutta Cricket Club.
- Under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975 it was registered as private club consortium.
- It is member of ICC and has rights to select players, umpires and officials to participate in international cricket actions and exercises total control over them.
About Anurag Thakur:
- Anurag Singh Thakur represents Himachal Pradesh in Lok Sabha as member.
- He is 34th president of BCCI.
- He is the son of Prem Kumar Dhumal, the former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
- He is third time Member of Parliament in 14, 15 and 16th Loksabha.
- In May 2008 he was first elected to Lok Sabha by poll as a candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 2014 he won again won BJP Lok Sabha Elections from Hamirpur. In January 2015 he was elected as the Honorary Secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 31, 2016