Mumbai Indians defeat Chennai Super Kings to win IPL 2015 for second time [ Current News (Concise) ]
Second time winner, Mumbai Indians won the 8th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2015 by defeating Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. In the final match, they defeated CSK (Chennai super king) by 41 runs. MS Dhoni who captain of Chennai super king had won the toss in final summit had chosen bowl first. Rohit Sharma who captain of MI (Mumbai Indians) by batting first had set the target of 202 to their opponent team.
Mumbai Indians chase target in 20.0 Overs by contribution of Lendl Simmons 68, Rohit Sharma 50, and Dwayne Bravo 2-36 and this team beat CSK 161-8 in 20.0 Overs (Dwayne Smith 57, Mitchell McClenaghan 3-25).
Highlights of IPL 2015-
- Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma.
- Player of the Tournament: Andre Russell (KKR).
- Orange Cap awarded to: David Warner (Sunrisers Hyderabad).
- Purple Cap awarded to: Dwayne Bravo (CSK).
- Emerging Player of the Season: Shreyas Iyer (Delhi Daredevils).
- Most Valuable Player: Andre Russell (KKR).
Mumbai Indians (MI) is owned by India’s biggest conglomerate, Reliance Industries led by Mukesh Ambani through its 100% subsidiary IndiaWin Sports and other ownership of MI is IndiaWin Sports Pvt Ltd with Stake: 98.3% and Teesta Retail Pvt Ltd. With Stake: 1.7%.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 26, 2015