Mysore City gets first rank in Swachh Bharat Rankings as India’s cleanest city [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Mysore: Mysore formally renamed as Mysuru. It is part of Karnataka state in India. It is the third largest city of Karnataka. The population of Mysore is 887, 446. Mysore City Corporation is responsible for the civic administration of the city.
- The civic administration of the city is managed by the Mysore City Corporation and Urban growth and expansion is managed by the Mysore Urban Development Authority.
- Drinking water for Mysore is sourced from the Kaveri and Kabini rivers.
About first rank:
- Mysuru has topped the Swachh Bharat rankings among 476 cities in the country.
- Bengaluru leads the list of capitals at 7th rank.
- Among urban local bodies in the national capital, Delhi headquarter was ranked 15th and New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) at 16th.
- West Bengal got 25th rank in top 100.
- These rankings are based on the extent of open elimination and solid waste management practices, according to a government release.
- Mysuru leads the cities with minimal open elimination and wide adoption of solid waste management practices.
The top 10 ranked cities:
- Mysuru, Thiruchirapalli of Tamil Nadu, Navi Mumbai, Kochi of Kerala, Hassan, Mandya and Bengaluru from Karnataka, Thiruvananthapuram, Halisahar of West Bengal and Gangtok (Sikkim).
- Published/Last Modified on: August 11, 2015