N Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra Pair Won Brazil Open Grand Prix Mixed Doubles Title [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
Pranaav Jerry Chopra and N Sikki Reddy pair (World no. 65) has won the 2016 Brazil Open Grand Prix title of Badminton in the mixed doubles category by beating Canadian pair of Toby Ng and Rachel Honderich with 21-15, 21-16 score at the finals arranged in Costa Cavalcante in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil.
This was the twelfth edition of the Brazil Open Grand Prix badminton tournament.
- Men’s Single: Zulfadli Zulkiffli of Malaysia
- Women’s Single: Beatriz Corrales of Spain
- Men’s double: Germany pair Michael Fuchs and Fabian Holzer
- Women’s double: Germany pair Barbara Bellenberg and Eva Janssens
- With this they have achieved maiden Grand Prix title for them.
About N. Sikki Reddy:
- She is an Indian badminton doubles and mixed doubles player.
- Aparna Balan and P. C. Thulasi are her women’s partners, Manu Attri and Pranaav Jerry Chopra are her mixed doubles events patners
- She had won five international challenger titles including two mixed doubles and three women’s doubles crowns.
- Along with this she was also in the team of the bronze medal winning Indian team in the 2014 and 2016 Uber Cup.
- she has played mixed doubles with six different partners:
- Alwin Francis
- V Diju
- Manu Attri
- Tarun Kona
- K Nandagopal.
About Pranaav Jerry Chopra
- Pranaav Jerry Chopra is the Indian badminton player and national champion of 2010’s mixed doubles and men’s doubles in 2013.
- He was part of the bronze medal winning Indian team in the Asia Badminton Team Championships.
- Published on: September 8, 2016