NASSCOM and Facebook Sign MoU to Engage with Entrepreneurs of India [ Current News (Concise) ]
To build a product design initiative for Indian entrepreneurs the trade body of Indian IT firms NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) has signed a MoU with Social network giant Facebook.
- The NASSCOM-Facebook enterprise aims to catalyse the innovation environment and to help design thinking in India.
- The creativity will involve young entrepreneurs the countries into attractive problem solvers and solution builders.
- It will be country-wide creativity and shall compromise focused programmes to shape attentiveness in product design and mentorship.
- Nasscom Product Council through its flagship programme will fund over 500 product start-ups on product design under this.
- NASSCOM and Facebook have partnered for the second time to promote entrepreneurship and startup initiatives in India.
- They have partnered for its initiative called Leaders Building for the Next Billion earlier in 2015.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade implication of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- It was established in 1988.
- NASSCOM is a non-profit organization and global trade body with over 2000 members, of which over 250 are companies from the China, EU, Japan, US and UK.
- NASSCOM’s member corporations are in the business of software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce.
- NASSCOM enables business and trade in software and services and inspires the advancement of research in software technology.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 9, 2016