NDDB wins special achievement in GIS Award [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
About NDDB: NDDB stands for National Dairy Development Board. It was set up by an Act of Parliament of India. It was founded by Dr. Verghese Kurien and created in 1965. Its head office is placed at Anand in Gujarat.
- Its offices are in most of regions in all over India.
- NDDB’s divisions include IDMC Limited-Anand, Mother Dairy, Delhi, NDDB Dairy Services, Delhi and Indian Immunologicals Ltd, Hyderabad.
About GIS Awards and ESRI:
- GIS stands for Geographical Information System.
- This award is offered by ESRI to them who successfully implement geographic information system in their projects.
- It develops geographic information systems and offers project consulting and implementation services by which they can provide knowledge to help users to install GIS on their own and delivery of ready-to-use enterprise systems.
- ESRI inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them.
- ESRI’s headquarter is in Redlands, CA.
About NDDB’s achievement:
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) at the annual Esri International User Conference held in San Diego achieve GIS award for successful implementation of GIS applications in its dairy operations.
- The NDDB was awarded because it has internet-based Dairy Geographical Information System application that uses to integrate data of dairy operations at the village level.
- NDDB is the first to start using of GIS in India.
- Published on: August 5, 2015