NTPC signed two MoUs with NSDC and NSDF for Skill Development [ Current News (Concise) ]
About NTPC: NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. Its work is generation of electricity and similar activities. It is a government company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956.
- It’s headquarter is in New Delhi.
- Its business is generation and sale of electricity to state - owned power distribution companies and State Electricity Boards in India.
- NSDC stands for National Skill Development Corporation.
- It is a Public Private Partnership Company.
- It aims to creation of large, quality vocational training institutions by providing grants and justice.
- It mainly works for improvement of skills to international standards through major industry involvement and through appropriate Public - Private Partnership models.
- NTPC has signed two Memorandum of Understanding with National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for skill development training in eastern states and Bihar.
- As per the first MoU, NTPC will provide skill training to 5000 youth and women in 22 locations. It will provide special focus on the eastern states.
- This MoU is valid for two years with a project cost of Rs. 6.5 Crore.
- As per the second MoU, NTPC will train over 25000 candidates in services and manufacturing sectors across under - served locations in Bihar.
- This MoU is valid for for five years with a project cost of Rs. 30 crore.
- Published/Last Modified on: August 18, 2015