Narendra Modi launches IPD Scheme for 24×7 power supply in every house of Varanasi [ Current News (Concise) ]
About IPD Scheme: IPD Scheme stands for Integrated Power Development Scheme. Its aim is to support the broadcast and supply networks. It will provide 100 percent metering urban areas and will make it smart with information technology.
- It was declared in Union Budget 2014 - 15.
- It is one of the leading schemes of the Union Ministry of Power.
- Its primary attempt is to ensure 24×7 power for all.
- It predicts establishment of sub - transmission network by Information Technology enablement.
IT enablement will help in
- Reduction in Combined Technical and Commercial losses,
- Establishment of energy inspecting system,
- Improvement in billed energy based on metered consumption,
- Improvement in collection efficiency.
About launching of the scheme:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched National Integrated Power Development Scheme in Varanasi of Uttar Pradesh to provide 24×7 power supply to every house.
- PM arranged two power substations and Union Government will provide 572 crore rupees to implement it.
- PM also arranged other seven developmental projects in Varanasi.
- He also formally initiated the biggest Trauma center of the country in Banaras Hindu University.
- Published on: September 22, 2015