Nasser Khan Janjua is appointed as the National Security Advisor of Pakistan [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Naseer Khan Janjua: Mr. Aziz will only focus on foreign affairs. Janjua’s instant duty will be to focus on security bonds with Afghanistan in the west and India in the east. Nasser Khan Janjua’s appointment as NSA indicates Pakistan army’s growing control over Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s government and its security matters and relations with India.
- Retired Lieutenant General Nasser Khan Janjua has been appointed as the new National Security Advisor (NSA) of Pakistan.
- He also had functioned as the President of the National Defence University.
- He has worked on military awareness exercise ‘Azm - e-Nau’, which chiefly has its focus on India.
- Previously in October 2015, Janjua had retired as chief of Southern Command which is based at Quetta in Balochistan province.
About his appointment:
- Naseer khan janjua will take the responsibility from Sartaj Aziz who was earlier holding two offices, one of NSA and other of Adviser on Foreign Affairs as a federal minister.
- His appointment will also increase Pakistani army’s grip on the security concerns of the country.
- Published on: October 29, 2015