National Agriculture Market Portal eNAM Has Been Launched by PM Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
National Agriculture Market portal named “eNAM” has been launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to connect e-mandis in several States. eNAM is an online inter-connectivity of e-mandis, which meant to usher in much required agriculture marketing alterations to enable farmers to get better price of their produce.
- e-National Agriculture Market (NAM) is a pan-India e-trading platform.
- It is designed to create a combined national market for agricultural commodities.
- Farmers can display case their crop online from their adjacent market and dealers can costing price from anywhere.
- It will result in amplified numbers of dealers and greater competition.
- It will also confirm open price detection and better revenues to farmers.
- 21 mandis from eight states were connected to this unified portal during the first phase of launch.
- These States include:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Online trade will be allowed within the state and inter-state trade will be likely once all states and mandis are integrated at the primarily stage.
- 25 possessions including onion, potato, apple, wheat, pulses, coarse grains and cotton, have been recognized for online trading.
- To mix a wholesale mandis from corner to corner from the country with the online platform, the state governments have to amend their Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) Act.
- eNAM will be realized in different phases with an aim to assimilate 585 controlled markets across the country with the common e-market platform by March 2018.
- So far 365 mandis from 12 states have been established approval.
- Published on: April 15, 2016