National Biotechnology Development Strategy 2015-2020 has been announced by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
National Biotechnology Development Strategy (NBDS) 2015 - 2020 to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub has been announced by Union Government. The Union Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan have revealed it in New Delhi.
- The main aim of NBDS behind launch this mission is to supported Make in India programme with important investments for the creation of new biotech products.
- It also aims to create a strong infrastructure for Research and Development and commercialization and it also empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically.
- Building a skilled workforce and enhance research opportunities in basic, disciplinary and inter-disciplinary sciences are the key elements of this Strategy.
- The main modules of this Strategy will be training of work force and this includes dual degree programmes the aspect of core science and business applicability both will covers in it.
- It will also concentrate on improving research opportunities in basic, disciplinary and inter-disciplinary sciences and also foster global and national alliances.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 1, 2016