National Electoral Roll Purification 2016 Launched by ECI [ Current News (Concise) ]
National Electoral Roll Purification (NERP) 2016 has been launched by Election Commission of India (ECI) in the country. The 2016 slogan of the ECI is “No voter to be left behind”. NREP 2016 will confirm single electoral register entry for every eligible elector with exclusive Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number, removal of all absent, shifted or dead electors’ entries and repeat entries.
- Photo electoral rolls will be updated with good quality images of every elector to approving ECI standards and linking electors with ECI by obtaining their contact details
- NERP 2016 programme aim is to improve health of electoral rolls (ERs) and improve the polling station (PS) location and area.
- It also seeks to correct errors in electoral rolls and enrolment of all eligible citizens, among other things.
- In standardise sections, polling station boundaries and locations Geographic Information System (GIS) would be used.
Objectives of NERP 2016
Improving Health of ERs by-inclusion of all qualified citizens in mission mode:
- Every eligible elector will have single Electoral rolls (ERs) entry with unique Elector Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
- ERs to be made Free from errors.
- Repeat Entries (REs) and all Absent (A) / Dead (D) / Shifted (S) elector’s entries will be removed.
- Confirming to ECI standards every elector require providing Photo Electoral Rolls (PERs) with good quality correct images.
Normalization of Sections, PS boundaries & Location and improved PS map by:
- Polling station (PS) boundaries will be improved with normalization of sections using GIS technology.
- Provided detail of PS building image and dimensioned PS room drawing with Basic Minimum facilities (BMF).
- PS will be rearranged with in Part or in together parts and Upgraded PS Map with part map showing directions to reach PS will be provided.
- Published on: July 22, 2016