New AIBA Ambassador for Women’S World Boxing Championship is Mary Kom [ Current News (Concise) ]
New International Boxing Association (AIBA) ambassador for Women’s World Championship is Iconic Indian woman boxer Mary Kom, one of the eight ambassadors for the coming World Championship of AIBA scheduled from May 19 to 27, 2016 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- The AIBA-appointed ambassadors for the World Championship also include:
- Nicola Adams from Great Britain
- Marlen Esparza from US
- Adriana Arauja from Kazakhstan
- Stanimira Petrova from Bulgaria
- Khadija Mardi from Morocco
- Kheira Siki Yakoub from Algerian
- Jennifer Huggins from Canada
About MC Mary Kom:
- Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom (MC Nary Kom) was born on 1st March 1983 at kangathei, Manipur.
- She belongs to Kom tribal community of the north-eastern state of Manipur.
- She is nicknamed Magnificent Mary.
- She is Five-time World Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to won gold medal in each one of the six world championships.
- In 2012 London Olympics she had won a bronze medal in the flyweight (51 kg) category and was only Indian woman boxer to qualify for this category.
- In the 2014 Asian Games she is also first Indian woman boxer to get a Gold Medal held at Incheon, South Korea.
- Her Autobiography is Unbreakable
- Awards and Honours:
- Padma Bhushan in 2013
- Padma Shree in 2010
- Arjuna Award for Boxing in 2003
About International Boxing Association (AIBA):
- The, originally the Association Internationale de Boxe Amateur, but referred to as the AIBA. International Boxing Association
- AIBA is a sport organization that sanctions amateur (Olympic-style) boxing matches and awards world and subordinate championships.
- AIBA has been annoying to build its own professional version of boxing, where boxers would recollect their Olympic eligibility, through the team tournament league known as World Series of Boxing and AIBA Pro Boxing at the current time.
- Published on: April 18, 2016