New Anti TB Drug Bedaquilin Has Been Launched by Health Ministry [ Current News (Concise) ]
New anti-TB (Tuberculosis) drug Bedaquilin has been launched by the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry. The Union Health Minister J P Nadda has launched it as part of the TB national programme.
At the primarily level the drug will be made available in six public hospitals in:
And then it will be introduced in 104 districts across five States.
- For treatment of Multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis Bedaquiline is a new anti-TB drug.
- It exactly targets Mycobacterial ATP synthase, an enzyme which is important for the supply of energy to Mycobacterium tuberculosis and most other mycobacteria.
- For the quick diagnosis of TB within two hours, the Union Health Minister also has launched CBNAAT (Cartridge-Based Nucleic Acid Amplification Test) diagnostic machines.
- And these machines have modernized rapid molecular test which detects Mycobacterium tuberculosis and rifampicin drug resistance, simultaneously.
- It will help in giving patients of TB patients punctually and can be used in remote and rural areas without cultured infrastructure or dedicated training.
TB India 2016 Annual Report:
- The TB India 2016 Annual Report and the technical and operational guidelines for TB Control in India 2016 have also released by the Union Health Minister.
- The complete sets of guidelines are provided to manage all forms of TB and strategies for intensified case finding.
- These guidelines will be following by more patient centric approaches and single-window care for patients suffering from HIV and TB.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 23, 2016