New Australian High Commissioner to India is Harinder Sidhu [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Australian High Commissioner to India is Indian-origin Harinder Sidhu. She has succeeded High Commissioner Patrick Suckling after his retirement. From Australia she is second envoy with Indian roots after Peter Varghese that had ancestral roots to southern Indian state of Kerala.
About Harinder Sidhu:
- Harinder Sidhu was born in Singapore and migrated to Australia.
- Her family relies from Punjab.
- She has completed her Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws degrees from the University of Sydney.
- She was serving as s senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade before this appointment.
- She was also First Assistant Secretary of the Multilateral Policy Division.
- In Moscow (Russia) and Damascus (Syria) she has served as Overseas before.
- In the Department of Climate Change she also had served as First Assistant Secretary.
- In the Office of National Assessments and Senior Adviser in the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet she had served as Assistant Director-General.
- Published on: February 12, 2016