New CEO of NITI Aayog is Amitabh Kant [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog is Senior IAS officer Amitabh Kant. Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) which is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi has taken this decision.
- Mr. Kant has replace Sindhushree Khullar after his retirement.
About Amitabh Kant:
- Amitabh Kant is IAS officer of 1980 Batch of Kerala Cadre.
- Currently, he is Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and is expected to retire in March 2016.
About NITI Aayog
- On 1 January 2015, Union Government had replaced former six decade old Planning Commission with a new institution named National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog).
- The aim of this new institution is to serve as Think Tank of the Government.
- Renowned Economist Arvind Panagariya was appointed Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog.
- Economist Bibek Debroy and former DRDO chief V K Saraswat were appointed as full-time members.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 29, 2015