New Chairman of Iaaf Athletes’ Commission is Rozle Prezelj [ Current News (Concise) ]
New chairman of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Athletes’ Commission is Rozle Prezelj a Slovenian high-jumper. He will succeed Namibian Frank Fredericks due to the end of his term. Paula Radcliffe Britain’s marathon world record-holder was also nominated as vice-chairwoman of the commission.
About Rozle Prezelj
- He was born on 26 September 1979.
- He has represented Slovenia at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympics in high jump.
- In 2001 he becomes European Under-23 champion.
- In 2012 He had set a national record of 2.32 meters.
- He announced his retirement in 2014.
About International Association of Athletics Federations:
- “The IAAF is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. ”
- It was established on 17th July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletics Federation at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Its headquarters is located at Monaco
- About 214 federations from across the world are members of IAAF.
- And currently Sebastian Coe (United Kingdom) is serving as president of IAAF.
- Published on: March 1, 2016