New Chairman of NASSCOM is CP Gurnani [ Current News (Concise) ]
CP Gurnani is appointed as chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) for 2016 - 17 terms. Presently Gurnani is serving as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tech Mahindra.
- Raman Roy is appointed as vice chairman for the period.
About CP Gurnani:
- He was born on 19 December 1958 in Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh.
- He has completed his chemical engineer from the National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
- He has 31 years of rich corporate experience.
- He had worked at Hewlett Packard Limited, Perot Systems (India) Limited and HCL Corporation Ltd, and had led the merger of Tech Mahindra with Satyam prior to this appointment.
- Raman Roy also has served as MD of Quatrro Global Services.
- He is widely observed as a pioneer of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in India.
- He has effectively led the BPO creativities of American Express, GE (now Genpact) and Spectramnd.
- He is a Commissioned Accountant with a Doctorate in Management Accountancy and has rich experience of 35 years.
About National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- NASSCOM is a global non-profit trade association (organization) of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- This NASSCOM provide facility to business and trade in software and services and inspires the advancement of research in software technology.
- It was established under the Indian Societies Act, 1860.
- Its Headquarter is located in New Delhi and its regional offices are located at Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The global trade body has over 2000 members from which over 250 companies are from the China, EU, Japan, US and UK.
- Software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce companies are the members of NASSCOM.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 8, 2016