New Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court: Justice Ajit Singh [ Current News (Concise) ]
Justice Ajit Singh has sworn in as Chief Justice (CJ) of the Gauhati High Court. Assam Governor P B Acharya as per the provisions of the Article 129 of Constitution has administrated hi oath as chief justice. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed him according to provisions Article 222 of Constitution.
- The Supreme Court collegium has recommended him for chief justice of Gauhati which was headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) T. S. Thakur.
About Justice Ajit Singh:
- Justice Ajit Singh was born in 1956.
- He had started hi career as an advocate in 1979.
- At the High Court of Madhya Pradesh located at Jabalpur he had practiced on Criminal, Civil, and Constitutional sides.
- He was appointed as an Additional Judge of High Court of Madhya Pradesh in 2002 and in 2003 he appointed as permanent Judge
- In March 2014 he was transferred to the Rajasthan High Court.
The Gauhati High Court includes the High Courts of
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Published on: March 14, 2016