New Chief Justices of Calcutta and Kerala High Court [ Current News (Concise) ]
Justice G C Gupta has taken oath as Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court, his oath was administered by West Bengal governor Kesari Nath Tripathi according to Article 219 of Constitution.
Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar was also sworn in as Chief Justice of Kerala High Court and oath was administered by Governor Justice (Retd) P. Sathasivam at Raj Bhavan.
Justice G C Gupta
- Will serve as Chief Justice of the High Court till December 2016 (till his retirement).
- Previously was the judge of Calcutta High Court.
- The first judge (appointed in September 2000) who is appointed as Chief Justice after 30 years (previously Justice Chittotosh Mukherjee was appointed as the Chief Justice of the High Court).
- Started his practice as an Advocate in September 1982.
- Serving Calcutta High Court for 17 years in civil, constitutional, company, arbitration, and commercial matters.
Justice Mohan M Shantanagoudar
- Was the acting chief justice of the Kerala High Court from August 2016.
- He was advocate at the Karnataka High Court
- Was appointed as the Additional Judge in 2003.
- Served in various important posts:
- Chief Justice of Manipur High Court
- Acting Chief Justice of Manipur High Court
- Permanent judge of the Karnataka High Court from September 2004
- Published on: September 23, 2016