New DG of National Centre for Good Governance is Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan [ Current News (Concise) ]
Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointment as the Director General of the National Centre for Good Governance are approved the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 30 December 2015. He will serve us for period of three years and it is extendable by another two years or up to 60 years of age, whichever is earlier.
- Bandgaiyan is a former IAS officer of the Union Territories cadre.
- He hails from Madhya Pradesh.
- He is an Ex-Chief Economist, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
About National Centre for Good Governance
- The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has administrative control of this institute.
- This is an independent institute.
- It is the top think tank in the country that guides and helps implement good governance reforms through research, policy analysis, advocacy and capacity building.
- Upgrading National Institute of Administrative Research (NIAR) has inaugurated it on 24 February 2014 in Mussorrie.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 1, 2016