New Delhi World Book Fair 2016 begins [ Current News (Concise) ]
At Pragati Maidan 24th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair began in New Delhi. Smriti Irani Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister has inaugurated it. The theme of 2016 is “Vivid Bharat – Diverse India” based on Cultural Heritage of India.
- For the 24th addition China has been conferred as the Guest of Honour Country.
- The key aspect of India-China partnership for the New Delhi Book Fair 2016 is “Renaissance of Civilizations- Understanding through exchanges“.
- Key facts:
- It is nine daylong event organized by National Book Trust (NBT), an apex body of the under the Union HRD Ministry and India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) annually.
- In this year fair around 1, 500 exhibitors from all over India and 30 countries are participating with International agencies like WHO and UNESCO.
- Approximately 1, 000 titles in major Indian languages on language, philosophy and literature from ancient to contemporary times are on display besides.
About New Delhi World Book Fair
- The New Delhi Book Fair is India’s oldest book fair organized annually at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The 1st Delhi Book Fair Was held in March 1972 with 200 participants
- It was inaugurated by then President of India VV Giri.
- This fail is annually organized in winter by the National Book Trust (NBT), India.
- From 2013, New Delhi World Book Fair is organized by National Book Trust (NBT) in association with India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) annually at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi under MOU with ITPO.
- Published on: January 11, 2016