New Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is K N Vyas [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is distinguished scientist KN Vyas. He is appointed for a term of three years. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced his appointment in New Delhi.
- K N Vyas will replace Shekar Basu who was appointed as Atomic Energy Secretary and Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) in October 2015.
About KN Vyas:
- Mr. Vyas was serving as the associate director at BARC before his appointment.
- He is outstanding experience in the design and development of a novel fuel.
- And for his contribution he had achieved several Science and Technical Excellence awards.
About Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC):
- The BARC is India’s best nuclear research center located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It was formed on 3rd January 1954.
- It has extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development.
- Its covers the complete range of nuclear science, engineering and related areas.
But BARC’s core directive is:
- Sustain peaceful applications of nuclear energy and
- Primarily for power generation.
- Published on: February 24, 2016