New Five Hot Jupiter Planets Has Been Discovered [ Current News (Concise) ]
New five “hot Jupiter-like” planets have been discovered by the Scientists which have similar characteristics to our solar system’s biggest planet. And Scientists has designated them as: WASP-119 b, WASP-124 b, WASP-126 b, WASP-129 b and WASP-133 b.
And they path very close to their host stars and hot compared to Jupiter.
- The researchers from Keele University in UK have found this planets using Wide Angle Search for Planets-South (WASP-South) instrument.
- These planets has orbital period different from 2.17 to 5.75 days and their radii are between one to 1.5 Jupiter radiuses.
- Their crowds range from 0.3 to 1.2 the mass of Jupiter.
- It has also same mass as Sun of our solar system but it is much older based analysis of its effective temperature and density.
- less massive than Jupiter
- orbital period of 3.4 days
- Much younger parent star.
- low surface gravity
- A good target for transmission spectroscopy
- Brightest star of among the five.
- similar in size to Jupiter
- longest orbital period
- high compared surface gravity
- Shortest orbital period.
- slightly bigger Jupiter
- Published on: February 23, 2016