New Governor of Central Bank of Bangladesh is Fazle Kabir [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new Governor of Bangladesh central bank of country is former Secretary of Finance Division Fazle Kabir. He was appointed by Bangladesh Government. He will replace Atiur Rahman due to his resigned after taking moral responsibility over the cyber theft from the central bank’s official account with New York Federal Reserve Bank.
- Fazle Kabir has completed his economics graduate from the Chittagong University.
- In 1980 he had started his career with Bangladesh Railway as an assistant traffic superintendent.
- He had joined the administration in 1983.
- And in 2012 he was appointed finance secretary.
- He had also worked as the board of state-owned Janata Bank.
- At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York unknown hackers had breached the computer systems of Bangladesh Bank’s account previously in February 2016.
- And they have moved money valuing around $81million to discos in the Philippines, making it one of the largest cyber heists in history.
- Even after the cyber robberies the government of Bangladesh was kept in dark and the case came to notice after it was informed by a newspaper in Philippines.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 17, 2016