New Lokayukta of Delhi - Reva Khetrapal takes oath [ Current News (Concise) ]
As New Delhi Lokayukta Former Delhi High Court Judge Reva Khetrapal took oath. She has replace Governor Najeeb Jung administered the oath to office at a function held at Raj Niwas.
- She will become the fourth Lokayukta of Delhi and according to Delhi Lokayukta and Uplokayukta Act, 1995 she will serve for five years terms.
- Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has suggested her name for post of head of anti-corruption ombudsman to President Pranab Mukherjee, and President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed her.
- Depending on Presidential approval priority a four-member panel chosen Justice Khetrapal as head of anti-corruption ombudsman unanimously.
- The four member panel included Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court G Rohini and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta.
About Reva Khetrapal
- From 1975 to 1991 she had practiced in the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court.
- She was appointed session’s judge and additional district in 1991.
- In 199a she was posted as special judge (narcotics).
- She was also appointed secretary, Press Council of India (PCI) in 1999.
- She was preeminent to the HC in 2006 and she retired in September 2014.
- Published on: December 18, 2015