New Md of Ncrtc is Vinay Kumar Singh [ Current News (Concise) ]
Vinay Kumar Singh an Indian Railway Officer has been appointed as Managing Director of National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC). He was working with Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), a railway PSU involved in the study of high speed rail corridors before he is appointed as MD of NCRTC.
- The search and selection committee has appointed him through an interview process.
- Urban Development Secretary, official from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Railway Board Member (Staff) and expert from World Bank are involved in the committee.
About National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC):
At the National Capital Region (NCR) zone, NCRTC is a nodal implementing agency of the three corridors of the Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS).
The three rapid rail corridors will connect:
- Meerut and
It was established on 11th July 2013 in New Delhi
It includes functions such as:
- Undertake design construction,
- operation and
- Maintenance of the RRTS project on a similar pattern as the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
To provide high speed travel services compared to current Delhi Metro as recommended by High Speed Rail Authority (HSRA) it uses the maglev technology.
RRTS strips facilitates of high-speed travel connectivity between the capital and suburb which involve
- Rajasthan and
- Uttar Pradesh.
- Published on: February 22, 2016