New Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India: Sailesh Singh [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Registrar General and Census Commissioner (RGCC) of India is Senior IAS officer Sailesh. Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has confirmed his appointment. He will serve as Registrar General and Census Commissioner (RGCC) till July 28, 2017.
- He will replace C Chandramouli after his retirement.
- He is a 1985 batch IAS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre.
- He was serving as Additional Secretary in the Union Home Ministry before he is appointed as RGCC
About Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India
- The Census organization functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India.
- The post of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India is usually held by a civil servant holding the rank of Joint Secretary to Government of India.
- It is responsible for conducting the decennial Census and RGCC heads the Census organization which functions under the aegis of Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Published on: January 11, 2016