New Technical Advisor of Odisha Government: Sam Pitroda [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Technology Advisor of the Odisha Government is well-known telecom engineer and inventor Sam Pitroda, for the post of technology adviser for development of telecom, electronics, Information Technology, IT Enabled Services sectors of the state.
- And with this he becomes a Cabinet Minister.
- In Vision 2036 for Odisha@100 he will play significant role.
- This vision 2036 is part of celebration of the 100 years of formation of Odisha.
About Sam Pitroda
- Satyanarayan Gangaram Pitroda (Sam Pitroda) was born on 4 May 1942 in Titilagarh, Odisha.
- He is a telecom engineer, inventor, entrepreneur and policymaker.
- India’s Telecom Commission (ITC) he is serving as founding Chairman and he is recognized as father of Indian telecommunication revolution.
- He is a director of the Young Indian Company co-owned by Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.
- With Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi he had served as Advisor on Technology Missions related to literacy, immunization, telecom, water and dairy.
- He had also served as chairman of the National Knowledge Commission from 2005 to 2009.
- He was the founder of the National Innovation Council (2010).
- He had also served as an advisor to the United Nations.
- Autobiography: My Journey to Connect India.
Awards and Honours:
- Padma Bhushan (2009)
- Life time achievement award by Dataquest in 2002
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Award (2011)
- Published on: January 8, 2016