New building of Afghanistan Parliament in Kabul has been inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
The new building of Afghanistan Parliament in the capital city Kabul has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi which is built by India. During Narendra Modi’s first official visit to Afghanistan after becoming Prime Minister it was inaugurated.
- The Parliament is named as Atal Block after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- With this Prime Minister also handed over 4 Mi-25 attack helicopters to Afghanistan Air Force symbolizing a shift in India’s position on supplying ‘offensive’ equipment.
- As a symbol of India’s support to Afghanistan’s democracy and civil reconstruction Afghanistan parliament building was constructed by India at a cost of US 90 million dollars
- The construction of Parliament building was started in 2009.
- Heart province has generated much goodwill for India for $300 million Salma dam project (called the India-Afghanistan friendship dam).
- Published on: December 29, 2015